Friday, July 31, 2009

Here it is, Lisa!


OK, Lisa.

Here it is! My entry into the blog world. See, I had been thinking and praying about blogging for quite some time. I don't want to start something I don't keep up with and I carefully weigh what I allow to become a routine with me. So, I would think about it and then not. . . and then think about it . . . and then not. So, my friend, Lisa, says, "So, when are you going to start blogging?" Nosy, pushy, interruptive Lisa. :) Or, was this my signal?

Lisa and I push and challenge each other in an interesting way. Lisa used to be my student. Now she's my friend. Now she teaches me. Now we teach each other.

But wait, there's also Wendi and Patsy. How fun it is to watch their lives through Facebook and their blogs and meet up at Starbucks (Patsy only for now). What joy I get from watching their authentic Christ-following ways. Gotta live long enough to see this happen and I'm getting to. That was the biggest blessing of being in Christian education for 19 years. We got to have a part in so many lives. We had the unique responsibility and privilege of handling the only two things that live forever - the Word of God and people. And best of all, we got to inbed one into the other. What a wonderful concept!

So now I'm the student since life is a never-ending learning process and I get to learn from those I taught. Let's learn from each other.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I am looking forward to your posts! You certainly have caught my attention with the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This puts happy's in my heart. :)

    Love you,
    Nosy Pushy Interruptive and so happy,
    lisa
    :)

    ReplyDelete