Thursday, February 17, 2011

My old friend who's now my new friend

I was recently invited to link into a page on Facebook of all the 1969 graduates of Topeka West High School. I know many of you will not be able to believe that that was MY graduating class, but yes, I AM that old!!

The friend who invited me also "friended" me on Facebook and when I realized who it was, I gasped aloud. We hadn't seen each other in nearly 42 years and yet here we were re-connecting through the blessing of technology. I could see her kids and grandkids and husband. Wow, what an amazing blessing!

We chatted back and forth a bit, even set up a date to meet up with each other. Wow, it was exciting to anticipate. Then suddenly yesterday I needed to be in Topeka where she still lives, so on a whim I texted her to see if we could have dinner together. So, by the time the day was over I had seen a friend I hadn't seen in almost 42 years. Just saying it here makes the chill bumps come up on my arm. We spent 2 hours together and we could have kept going for much longer, but that will keep for next time. It's just nice to have an old friend be a new friend. Thank you Debbie Swenson Davis for the invite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment